Clusters meet culture: an opportunity for development
Project duration: 1 October 2012 – 30 September 2014
The CMC project wants to spread the knowledge of production excellences across SEE with the purpose of emphasizing their quality and originality (that correspond to an essential part of the culture and history of these cities), and connect this cultural aspect with already existing tourism flows. The final goal would be to link tourism and local clusters joining manufacturing productions with artistic heritage and cultural production. The specific objectives of the project are:
- Dilute tourism streams currently concentrated on major cities (ECoCs) and distribute them on the hinterlands, which often also offer extraordinary opportunities both in cultural and economics terms, and have been the main sources of wealth of the Capitals, in terms of economic assets, human resources, technological development, etc.
- Develop alternative marketing channels, eg. factory outlets, electronic commerce, etc.. for sectors that characterize both culturally, socio-economically and in industrial terms the territories around European Capitals of Culture (those already elected and the candidates).
- Multiply the flows of cultural production and innovation knowledge from the cities towards the industrial districts and create/consolidate strategic parterships between cultural and industrial production, with the aim of obtaining reciprocal advantages based on a new concept, use (and production) of culture: not "revenue" but "investment".
- Promote access to private capitals for the structural co-financing of-historical and cultural heritage, but also of the broader culture of the territories of the SEE in the form of Corporate social responsibility of Organisations (associations, districts, unions, etc.) targeting the enhancement of the above, etc.
- Contribute to the development of more conscious forms of tourism, capable of determining with their travel choices and purchases a more balanced development of the territories of the SEE, the preservation and development of artistic and historical heritage with a view to sharing at European level the responsibility for our past to focus with greater guarantees and opportunities to the future, characterized by increasingly difficult challenges.
- Promote new forms of smart integration - for example with the implementation of new marketing channels-actors of the supply chains in a more sustainable perspective, integration/shortening of production chains, etc.., And even closer integration with the district in a perspective of fruitful exchange and public-private partnerships.
- Favour, also by means of new professional figures and the use of ICT, a Lifelong Learning perspective, both for cultural/industrial actors and tourists/citizens.
- Veneto Region
- The association of Chambers of Commerce of Veneto Region
- Province of Rimini
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Pecs-Baranya
- Cultural Innovation Competence Centre Association
- Sibiu Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture
- Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu
- Regional Chamber of Craft and Small Business Maribor
- Maribor Development Agency
- Slovak Chamber of Commerce and Industry